Domestic Shipping Policy (Liberia Only)
A. Shipment processing time
1. All orders are processed within 14 business days as the textiles are handmade and our inventory is made to order only. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
2. If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
3. Delivery delays can occasionally occur; African Hippie is not responsible for any delay.
B. Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
C. Shipment confirmation & Order tracking
You will receive a Shipment Confirmation email once your order has shipped containing your tracking number(s). The tracking number will be active within 24 hours.
D. Customs, Duties and Taxes
African Hippie is not responsible for any customs and taxes applied to your order. All fees imposed during or after shipping are the responsibility of the customer (tariffs, taxes, etc.).
African Hippie is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you received your order damaged, please contact the shipment carrier to file a claim.
Please save all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.
International Shipping Information
F. General Shipping Information
1. International shipments may be subject to customs and duty fees levied by their local government and will be the customer’s responsibility.
2. If you refuse an international shipment you will have the return shipping as well as any customs/duties/fees associated with the order removed from your refund or store credit. Should this amount exceed the entire amount of your order you will receive no money back nor any store credit.
3. International Shipments take roughly a week however please allow up to three weeks due to the potential intervention of forces beyond our control.
4. Shipping and handling charges are determined by location and parcel size.
5. Orders are shipped with signature confirmation required upon delivery for your protection; for domestic orders, $10.00 will be deducted from your return if the package cannot be delivered after 3 attempts and returned to us. You can, of course, contact the carrier to reschedule your shipment or to pick it up from them directly!
8. We cannot make product substitutions once an order has been placed. We also cannot guarantee that we will be able to cancel or combine orders once they are placed during times of high order volume.
9. If you have any delivery exceptions with your order, notify us within 5 business days of your expected delivery day so that we can file a report with the parcel carrier. We cannot be financially responsible for expenses incurred if you do not report your issue to us within this time frame.
*Business days refers to Monday through Friday and we are closed on the observed dates for holidays.
Our customer service hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8am-4pm Liberia.